Subscription commerce veterans from across the world converged in Santa Monica in October for two days of learning and networking at ChargeX Summit 2019 powered by ReCharge.
Day 1 was focused on preeminent agencies building off the platform. Guest speakers from agencies of all sizes spoke on a variety of topics including scoping new projects and productizing solutions to common requests and alternative methods to build revenue.
Ben Crudo, CEO, Diff
Sei-Wook Kim, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Barrel
Aaron Quinn, Founder & CEO, eHouse Studio
Kelly Vaughn, Founder, The Taproom Agency
Summary from this talk:
• What agencies think about in terms of scope when a new client approaches them
• Include the developers actually writing the code on scoping calls – even if they’re junior devs
• Pointed 30-second questions that lead to deep technical gotchas
• Context is king, don’t be afraid to ask ‘why’ a client might want a particular build – get as granular as possible
• Dealing with scope creep in a way that doesn’t alienate customers